Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dan Brown's "Lost Symbol" : another let down



I read Dan Brown's "Lost Symbol" a couple of months ago while recuperating after my tonsillectomy. I have to confess that the pain my my throat was exacerbated by the huge letdown that Mr. Brown's novel turned out to be. The climax looked so silly that I almost kicked myself for getting carried away by the huge buildup that looked promising. A sprinkling of Noetic Science, a smidgen of mysticism, and a dollop of ancient religions - all baked inside a framework of cults and secret societies made the novel look nauseatingly similar to other Dan Brown novels. A few years ago, I really enjoyed reading the "Da Vinci Code", but all other novels by Mr. Brown - "The Digital Fortress", "Angels and Demons", and "The Lost Symbol" have made me sick. Good bye Dan, I hope I never make the mistake of picking up another one of your novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment